Keeping your newly dyed hair vibrant and healthy isn’t much different from the way you should treat your hair normally. However, there are some tips to help you make your color last as long as possible.
1. Use shampoo and conditioner that is specially formulated to help your color stay fresh. Leonor Greyl – Shampooing Sublime Meches is a good shampoo choice, while Fekkai – Brilliant Glossing Conditioner works well to moisturize.
2. A repairing mask used one a week can help add nutrients and moisture to your hair so it stays shiny and full of bounce.
3. Comb a leave-in conditioner through your hair before you style to keep it conditioned all day.
4. Use a heat-protecting spray before you blow dry to avoid over-drying your hair.
5. Consider wearing a hat if you’re sitting in the sun for long periods of time to avoid having your color fade.
6. Avoid vigorously rubbing your hair with a towel. This can damage your strands and cause split ends.
7. If you’re swimming in a chlorine-treated pool or hot tub, rinse your hair with tap or spring water first to dilute the chemicals.