Some guys don’t pay much attention to the subtleties of their skin, which is why many end up damaging their face if it’s sensitive and they don’t accommodate for it. Luckily there are plenty of ways to get a perfect shave every time without irritation.
1. Make sure your hair is wet before you start shaving. It’s best to shave your beard right after a shower so the hair is soft. Use a pre-shave product like Caswell-Massey – Eucalyptus Pre-Shave Oil to moisturize and protect against razor burn.
2. Always use a sharp razor, like eShave – 5 Blades Razor Nickel Plated, which uses disposable blades so you can ensure it’s always fresh.
3. Take your time. You don’t want to rush a shaving job, which can cause redness, ingrown hairs and nicks. Avoid going over areas that have already been shaved – use careful, effective strokes every time.
4. Shave in the direction your hair is growing in. Shaving against the growth uses more force and is more likely to cause irritation.
5. Exfoliate your face weekly to get rid of any dead skin cells that may cause your shave to be less effective.
6. Use a moisturizer after shaving to replenish your skin and keep it soft and smooth all day.