High-quality skincare and makeup products can make a world of difference when it comes to maintaining and enhancing your natural beauty. However, they barely scratch the surface of the skin. Every now and then, it pays to make some improvements from within, and a beauty detox is just what the doctor ordered.
What is a Beauty Detox?
Technically, a beauty detox could just be a break from using makeup and skincare products. It gives your skin a chance to breathe and rejuvenate. However, when most people refer to beauty detoxes, they’re talking about The Beauty Detox Solution by Kimberly Snyder. In this case, the beauty detox consists of a set of simple dietary rules that can trigger exciting changes and improvements in your skin, appearance and overall health.
Top Elements of a Beauty Detox
Whether or not you choose to take a break from using makeup and skincare products, there are certain things you can do to cleanse your body and make your skin more radiant. A few top examples include:
- Avoid Dairy – Most dairy products contain drugs and hormones that can negatively impact your health and appearance. Dairy also contains a protein called casein that’s very difficult to digest. Try eliminating dairy from your diet for a few weeks; you’re sure to be pleasantly surprised by the results!
- Don’t Mix Animal Proteins – Stick with one animal protein per meal. Animal proteins are difficult to digest in general and even more difficult when they’re mixed.
- Order Your Meals from Lightest to Heaviest – While you shouldn’t eat immediately before bed, you should try to eat the lightest meals first and the heaviest ones last. Doing the opposite can cause backups in your digestive system. Start your day with fresh fruits and veggies, and save the heavier, more calorie-laden foods for dinner.
- Eliminate or Reduce Gluten – Even if you don’t have a gluten intolerance, reducing or eliminating it from your diet can bring about many exciting changes. This protein, which is found in rye, wheat and barley, triggers toxic reactions in the body. After reducing or eliminating it, it won’t take long to start seeing noticeable results.
- Choose Almonds over Peanuts – If you’re going to consume nuts, almonds are vastly superior to peanuts. Swap out peanut butter for almond butter to avoid the molds, fungi and pesticides that are often present in peanuts.
These tips are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to doing a beauty detox. Try out a few and then go from there. You’re sure to be happy you did!