Any beautician will attest to the benefits of cleansing oils for skin care. They contain a broad range of healthy antioxidants, can relieve specific skin conditions and have incredible moisturizing properties. They are also exceptional for cleaning skin without clogging pores, a serious issue with most soaps and other cleansing products.
Methods for Cleansing with Oil
- Select an oil suited to your skin type.
- Run yourself a nice steamy bath and get a clean wash cloth.
- Place eight to 10 drops in your palm and rub it carefully between the palms to warm the cleansing oil.
- Massage the oil thoroughly into the skin. You want to remove all traces of sebum and makeup impurities. Perform the act for no less than two minutes.
- Dip the wash cloth into the steamy water. Do not ring out water. Instead drape it across your face.
- After the wash cloth cools, gently pat away excess oil.
- Repeat the process up to five times or until your skin feels clear of oil and impurities.
- Tone and moisturize.
Choosing a Cleansing Oil
Talk with a beautician or other skin care specialist about how to determine what cleansing oil is best for your situation. Still, here are a few of the best oil cleansers and moisturizers for cleaning skin and effectively combatting issues like acne.
Argan Cleansing Oil
Besides not clogging pores, argan oil is a sound solution for preventing stretch marks and restoring skin elasticity, rehydrating skin and regenerating skin cells. It’s helpful in the reduction of brown spots and acne. It also provides a healthy dose of Vitamin E, which is great for skin care.
Coconut Cleansing Oil
It’s important to note that despite its benefits, coconut oil can clog pores. You should test it for a couple of days before deciding if it is the best cleansing option for your skin. Otherwise, it has exemplary moisturizing, anti-microbial, antiseptic and anti-aging properties. Coconut oil also provides a pleasant soothing and softening feel to the skin and touch.
Jojoba Cleansing Oil
Jojoba is a popular cleansing ingredient because it is similar to the natural oil that skin produces. It is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, helping to balance acne and oily skin. Great for dry skin as well, it treats skin infections and doesn’t clog pores.
They say oil and water don’t mix. That doesn’t apply when it comes to caring for your skin. Cleansing oil and water is an ideal solution for even the most problematic skin.