Hair accessories are a hot commodity these days, and now that summer’s humidity is gone, you’ll probably be looking for ways to flaunt your smoother ‘do. To draw attention to your mane and have fun with the latest accessory trends, follow these tips to perfection.
1. Add shine first. Accessories in dull hair aren’t flattering, so boost the shine of your locks with plenty of glossing hair products.
2. Use barrettes instead of elastics. Allure Magazine recommends these accessories because they’re more elegant and grown-up looking.
3. Turn anything into an accessory. You don’t have to stick to the usual items – try securing brooches, earrings, flowers or necklaces in your hair with floral wire for added intrigue.
4. Give them plenty of grip. Second-day hair is ideal, reports Allure, but a product like Fekkai – COIFF Oceanique Tousled Wave Spray can add texture if you like washing your hair every day.
5. Don’t just use them to keep your hair out of your face. A well-placed headband or sparkly clip can be a simple way to update your look – it doesn’t need to serve a particular purpose other than lending you fabulousness!