Although winter is technically still here, women in many parts of the country are enjoying mild temperatures, which could elicit the urge to break out breezier outfits and brighter beauty products. If you can't wait any longer to stock up on the supplies necessary for a gorgeous spring, here are the top trends to consider and a few of the products you'll need to achieve them.
1. Statement lips. We're talking about the kind of lips that speak for you – without having to move them at all. According to Style Magazine, designers like Prabal Gurung, Erdem and Mugler had their models wearing an entire rainbow of lipstick hues – from reds to violets. The key to pulling off bright shades is to keep them entirely matte and use neutral makeup colors on the rest of your face. Pick up a bold shade of BABOR – Classic Lip Color, then use a transparent face powder to set the hue and banish shine.
2. Bangs. If you want a new hairstyle to welcome spring with, you don't have to sacrifice any length with a set of bangs. Whispy, side-swept or blunt cuts are all equally trendy, so find what works best for your face shape. Choppy, layered bangs are the most flattering for all face types, and they're the easiest to trim yourself, reports Marie Claire Magazine. In terms of upkeep, all you have to do is make sure your strands stay oil-free. A shampoo like Leonor Greyl – Huile de germe de ble can get rid of oily roots.
3. Gorgeous glow. This trend focuses on enhancing your natural complexion, so it uses soft makeup hues to subtly enhance your features. According to Harper's Bazaar Magazine, the look usually involves a matte white eyeshadow, plenty of black mascara to define your lashes, an apricot blush on the apples of your cheeks and a gold lip gloss for a sparkling finish. Try Jane Iredale – PureGloss in Apricot Fizz.
4. Cat eyes. The runways were crawling with models sporting this trend, which can be minimized or maximized depending on where you're wearing it. Choose a black liquid eyeliner like Blinc – Eyeliner to create a subtle or dramatic flick, then top with mascara. You could even switch it up a bit by using a colored liner to create an interesting contrast.
5. Sculpted bronzer. If you haven't yet experimented with the sculpting effects of bronzer, now's the perfect time. Not only will you achieve a gorgeous sunkissed glow, but you'll be able to enhance your cheekbones and even slim down your face if necessary. Choose a shade that's only one or two levels darker than your complexion, suggests Marie Claire. Dust Youngblood – Natural Mineral Radiance (Sundance) wherever the light hits your face.
6. Fishtail braids. You know braids are having a moment, but the one type that's been showing up on runways and red carpets alike is the fishtail. It's easy to create no matter the style or texture of your hair, and even looks great when it's a bit messy. Pull yours to the side for extra cuteness.
7. Colorful tresses. Whether you go for dye, extensions or a temporary shade, color-saturated locks are everywhere lately. A couple of streaks here and there is a simple way to ease yourself into the trend – just be sure to use a moisturizing hair mask like Leonor Greyl – Masque Fleurs de Jasmin to prevent dryness and breakage, which can happen with bleached strands.
As long as you have fun with your beauty and fashion looks this spring, you'll almost always be a "Do." Don't be afraid to experiment with new shades and products – that's how trends are born!