For many people, Memorial Day marks the beginning of the summer season, which means you might soon be gearing up for barbecues, beach outings, poolside gatherings or other warm-weather activities. Because you’ll likely be showing off more skin, it might be necessary to update your beauty regimen to ensure that you’re looking your best. Here are several ways you can take your look from spring to summer in no time at all!
1. Go for a brighter nail polish. Pretty pastels are perfect for spring, but summer calls for bold, vibrant shades that will get your digits some serious attention. Lippmann Collection – Nail Lacquers has a variety of eye-catching hues that will be sure to match your colorful summer fashions and accessories. Look for citrusy shades like orange, yellow and lime green, or branch into fuchsia, teal or magenta territory.
2. Choose a lighter fragrance. Perfumes tend to smell stronger in the heat, which means you’ll likely need a lighter scent to carry you through the summer months. Juicy Couture – Viva La Juicy For Women Eau de Parfum Spray might be the perfect choice, as it’s full of wildberry, honeysuckle, mandarin, gardenia and jasmine notes.
3. Switch to a tinted moisturizer. If your skin’s clear, you probably don’t need the heavy coverage that foundation provides. Instead of thick formulas that can melt off or cake up in the heat, use a tinted moisturizer like Dermalogica – Sheer Tint Moisture SPF 15. It’ll protect your face while offering light coverage to ensure an even complexion.
4. Stock up on blotting papers. When you’re outside in the sun, you’re likely to get a bit sweaty and oily, which means blotting papers are a must. Jane Iredale – Facial Blotting Papers will soak up that excess moisture without smudging your makeup, and they come in a chic gold case that’ll fit right into your beach bag!
5. Upgrade your hairstyle. Whether it’s chopping off a few inches, lightening up your color or experimenting with trendy neon highlights, your hair could definitely use a change for summertime. Whichever style you choose, be sure to pick up haircare products that meet your tresses’ needs.
6. Go bronze. To give your skin a healthy glow without putting it at risk for sun damage, get a bronzer to enhance your complexion. Too Faced – Caribbean in a Compact is a great choice that will have you looking a bit tanner in no time. Just dust it onto the areas of your face that would naturally darken in the sun – like your cheekbones, forehead and nose.
7. Banish cellulite. There’s nothing like cellulite to make you feel uncomfortable in your short shorts, miniskirts and bathing suits. Luckily, products like BABOR – Body Line Thermal STOP3 Cellulite Gel can help improve the appearance of your cellulite-prone areas. It might also help to dry brush the area before each shower and use an exfoliant with caffeine to improve blood flow to the area.
8. Pick up a vibrant lipstick. For balmy nights out, there’s nothing like a bright pout to amp up your look. Try BORGHESE – B Moisture Advanced Care Lipcolour in Pinkissima or Apricotta. Make it matte with translucent powder or shiny with a clear lip gloss.
9. Achieve touchable legs. Use MOOM – Express Pre Waxed Strips for Legs & Body to get smooth, soft legs that are free of razor burn. Moisturize afterward for extra hydration.
10. Sunblock. You know you’ll need it – so stock up on a great SPF product that’s long-lasting and provides full coverage.