Just when you’ve mastered the summer makeup look, September rolls around and it’s time for a seasonal update. Luckily, this fall’s trends are easy to create and wearable with just about everything in your wardrobe, so making the switch should be effortless.
1. Metallic smokey eyes are totally in for fall and ready to spice up your night-time look. Just use your regular smoky-eye makeup (dark liner, dark shadow) and add a pop of a metallic shade like gold, bronze or silver to add a smoldering touch. Too Faced – Smokey Eye Kit can help you master the effect.
2. Dark red lips are bold but perfect for a bit of glamour. Keep the rest of your makeup simple to avoid any color competition, and make your lips the center of attention. Choose a wine-inspired color, and add a touch of clear gloss to achieve your own pout perfection.
3. Eyeliner is your best bet for adding definition, but rather than creating a perfect line, smudge it up a bit. Use a powder instead on your top lash lines and go over it with a wet brush for a soft, blended look.
4. Neutral colors are always in, but this fall’s version uses matching shades for a monochromatic look. Use a product like Jane Iredale – In Touch Cream Blush Stick for eyelids, cheeks, and lips. You’ll have a fast, easy application and a simple, pretty glow.
5. Ultra defined lashes are in for fall, so pick your favorite mascara and go a little overboard with multiple coats to make those peepers really pop. Skip the eyeliner and play up just your top lashes for a wide-eyed effect.
6. Matte lipstick is all the rage, and pretty pinks and corals are your best bets for making a serious impact. Use a lipstick brush to start at the center of lips and wing it out into the corners. Apply a bit of powder on top for a shine-free finish that will leave your lips looking soft and kissable.
7. Flushed cheeks are cute for any season, and fall is no exception. For a lasting impression, use a cream blush, which will stay put and make your skin look dewy. Use on the apples of your cheeks to define your facial shape.
8. Nude lips are extra sexy when you keep them glossy. A nude lipstick and matching gloss will warm up your face without making you feel naked, and you won’t have to worry about a perfect application because it will blend right in!
9. A glowing, candlelit effect on your skin is perfect for fall, as long as you stay away from overly shimmery or frosty shades. Choose a warm, peachy highlighter to smooth on the tops of your cheekbones, brow bones and the inner corners of your eyes for a fresh take.
10. It may seem a little strange at first, but glossy eyelids look fresh and pretty. Just put on your normal shade of eyeshadow and top with a touch of lip gloss. A clear shade will let your eyeshadow shine through, but if you’re feeling a little daring, use a tinted lip gloss for a little extra oomph.
11. You can relax when it comes to plucking your eyebrows this fall. A strong, defined brow is the new shape this season, and it’ll bring attention to your eyes. Don’t pluck too much, and try using a brow pencil in a shade darker than your brows to amp up sparse areas and give more definition. Your eyes will be loving the flattering effect.