How to Obliterate Body Acne!
No one wants to deal with acne, especially all over their body. Sadly, body acne is a common occurance in over 65% of individuals in the United States today. While there is not always a way to stop it from coming, there are ways to make it go away.
What Causes Body Acne?
Body acne is usually caused by an accessive amount of oil produced by the skin. That is why individuals often get worse body acne during the summer, since the body produces more oil and sweats twice as much. Obviously the summer is the worst time to be going through body acne as it is the time of year to show skin. In order to create a confident summer appearance, there are several things that individuals can do in order to fight against body acne.
There are several health and beauty products that can fight against acne as well as oily skin. Some facial products can work for body acne as well, as long as they contain the right ingredients.
- Alpha-hydroxy acid works to dry up the blemishes that are already on the skin.
- Benzoyl peroxide works to unclog and cleanse the pores of harmful dirt or oil.
- Salicylic acid also works to dry up blemishes that have already popped up against the skin.
- Tea tree oil works to kill bacteria within the skin to guard against future blemishes.
These four ingredients are the main ingredients to look for when searching for an effective product. They are often found in creams, oils, gels and lotions. Another thing to consider is products that work to reduce the amount of oil within the skin and protect against new blemishes.
There are also several do-it-yourself natural remedies that can be used to treat body acne.
- Sea salt and warm bath water works to cleanse the skin of harmful bacteria by drying out the skin and removing the oil from the skin’s pores.
- Oatmeal is effective in soaking up excessive oil within the skin, exfoliating the skin and removing dead skin cells in order to rejuvenate pores. It can be finely ground and used in the bath or made into a homemade oatmeal and honey skin treatment.
- Apple cider vinegar is the fix it all solution that does not end with body acne. The vinegar works to balance the pH within the body, which will naturally remove acne. It also works as an anti-bacterial agent within the body.
Whether medically or naturally, body acne is controllable. All it takes are the right steps.