Let’s face it – while you’d love to spend a ton of time in front of the mirror perfecting your look, you don’t always have the time. Especially around the holidays or other particularly busy times of year, it can be tough to find a few minutes to do your makeup at all, let alone be highly meticulous with it. However, your beauty routine doesn’t have to be stressful at all. Once you know the right shortcuts, you can easily achieve a flawless face.
Here are the must-know tips and tricks:
- One of the most common beauty goals is to look more awake – and it’s actually an easy feat to achieve. Simply dab a pearlescent eyeshadow in a pale hue right in the corners of your eyes and you’ll draw light to your eyes, causing you to appear alert and refreshed.
- If you’re using a bright eyeshadow and you really want the color to pop, up the intensity of the pigment by covering your lids with matte white eyeliner first.
- Or, you might be more concerned with making sure your eyeshadow lasts. In that case, reach for a creamy gel liner and draw a series of horizontal and intersecting vertical lines in a crosshatch pattern across your lids, then blend in with a smudge brush for a budge-proof look.
- You can apply mascara farther down at the base of your lashes by using a business card to gently pull the skin on your eyelid up.
- Going for high intensity eyes? Before brushing on that second coat of mascara, dust some baby powder onto a Q-tip and brush it across your eyelashes to make the pigment adhere more effectively.
- Bold brows are definitely in, but even the smallest strays can ruin the whole effect. PopSugar Beauty editor Maria Del Russo told The Huffington Post that spraying hairspray in a spoolie brush can help you to groom your brows a lot better by taming each and every hair. Not only that, but she noted that the pigment from a brow pencil will stick a lot better, too.
- You don’t need to go through a million steps to get a plumper pout – simply add a drop of peppermint oil to your go-to lipgloss.
- Trying to get the perfect Cupid’s bow is a challenge, so when you’re applying lip liner, draw an “X” at the top of your pout with lip liner as a guideline to get an even shape.
- The secret to making lipstick long-lasting is pressing a tissue to your mouth after applying it and then lightly brushing translucent powder over it.
- When your favorite lipstick goes to pieces, don’t panic. Del Russo recommended heating the fragments with a hairdryer, shaping them back together in the tube and placing the item in your fridge overnight.
- Is your complexion looking a little drab? Just reach for some baking soda. TheGloss noted that all you have to do is buff a tablespoon of powder on wet skin and you’ll instantly get your glow back.
- One of the hardest things about bronzer is figuring out where to apply it. For a natural look, contour by sweeping bronzer across your cheekbones, forehead and lightly down the bridge of your nose.
- Placement is also tricky with blush – but don’t fret too much about expertly applying it. Simply bend over for half a minute and when you stand up, your cheeks will be naturally flushed, giving you a cue as to where to brush pigment on. Always tap the brush to eliminate excess pigment and as you apply it, blend the blush out toward the hairline.