You may have noticed that polka dots are everywhere lately, which means they’re officially a trend in 2012. If you’re looking for a fun way to add them to every outfit, there’s no better way than to create a spotted manicure. Try some of these ideas, inspired by Glamour magazine.
1. Dots all over. Paint your nails a solid color using Nailtini – Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer, then choose a contrasting color to make polka dots.
2. Down the middle. After choosing a color for the background, make a line of spots down the center of your nail with different shades of polish.
3. Accent one nail. Update any regular manicure by making one of your nails speckled. Celebrities often choose to accentuate their ring fingers.
4. French-style. Paint your nails one color, then use dots to create a French manicure effect on the tips of your nails. Be sure to use a topcoat like Lippmann Collection – Addicted To Speed Ultra Quick-Dry Top Coat to seal them in.
5. Chic diagonals. Use a pastel shade for the background, then make a few diagonal lines of different colored dots across each nail.
Feature Image Credit: lovethispic.com