No matter what type of hair you have, it’s definitely possible to achieve a high-shine finish. The key is to make sure your hair stays healthy and protected from damaging treatments and environmental stressors. Here are a few tips from Marie Claire magazine.
1. Treat yourself to a weekly hydrating treatment, whether it’s a leave-in serum or a mask like Leonor Greyl – Masque Fleurs de Jasmin (All Hair Types).
2. If you have curly hair, use your fingers instead of a brush to separate strands when they’re dry. Using a hairbrush will only cause frizz and dullness.
3. Don’t use styling products too close to your scalp. This can weigh down your hair and make your locks look greasy, not shiny.
4. Use a leave-in conditioner like Shea Spray to keep your hair smooth and silky.
5. Don’t pile on products right before using heated styling tools. Formulas which aren’t meant to protect against heat can actually damage your hair more when they’re heated up.