Sleek hair can seem like an impossibility in hot weather, but there are plenty of ways to make your style look fresh and frizz-free during the summer or anytime your hair decides to be uncooperative.
1. Wash your hair less. The natural oils that your scalp secretes is a good frizz defense because it weighs your hair down a bit. If you get too greasy in between washes, use a shampoo like Leonor Greyl – Huile de germe de ble, which will combat excess grease. A dry shampoo between washings can also help.
2. Frizz occurs when dry hair soaks up moisture from the air, so deep-conditioning can fix the problem. Fekkai – Essential Shea Conditioner will nourish your hair and leave it satisfied, so it won’t look for outside refreshment.
3. Be gentle to your hair. If you rub it too hard with your towel, it could rough up your hair cuticles and strands won’t stay flat.
4. Heat is damaging, so prevent frayed ends and fuzziness by using a protecting product before drying or straightening your hair.
5. Ionic blowdryers reduce frizz by compressing your hair cuticles so they don’t soak up moisture. Upgrade your dryer for a sleeker look.
6. A silicone serum will coat each strand and make sure they stay smooth all day. Use on damp hair before styling.