December 18, 2013 — Rebecca Strong
The Lowdown On The Low Pony
Sometimes you just don’t feel like going through the effort of creating an elaborate ‘do. You’re tired of flattening your hair into submission with your straightening iron, but you know that leaving it alone just won’t cut it. That’s where the hottest hairstyle of the moment comes in: the low ponytail. It looks stunning, but it’s surprisingly simple to achieve.
Ready to rock this effortlessly elegant hairstyle? Follow these steps:
- Start by making a middle part down your head with a comb. One way to make sure your part is perfectly centered is to place the comb at the tip of your nose and glide it up toward your hairline.
- If your hair has some unruly pieces around the hairline, use a flat iron to quickly smooth them down.
- Next, apply a shine serum to give your locks a glossy, lustrous look.
- Pull your hair back into the low ponytail, making sure that you can tie it right at the nape of your neck.
- After securing the pony with an elastic, use a pomade to slick down any flyaways.
- A mist of medium hold hairspray is an essential final step for making sure your pony looks polished all day long.