Chances are, you had a ton of fun this summer playing with the season’s neon eyeshadow colors, shimmery bronzers and bold lipsticks. But who says that the excitement has to end now that fall’s almost here? While you won’t be using all the same bright shades and summery applications, there are plenty of awesome makeup trends to rock this season. Here are 10 to try out A.S.A.P.!
1. Dark lipstick. Whether it’s black cherry or plum, Allure Magazine points out that dark, vampy lips are super hot for fall. When paired with a neutral blush and eyeshadow combination, it really makes your pout pop. Buff your lips to get rid of flakes, apply clear lip balm, then try using Lipstick Queen – Sinner Lipstick – Berry.
2. Natural, rosy cheeks. Elle Magazine reports that one makeup artist said “It’s the look after a morning of skiing, an hour in a hot tub or some good sex.” Concentrate a cream blush (or even a lipstick if you want serious color) on the apples of your cheeks and blend well for a soft finish.
3. Purple smoky eyes. Yes, black and gray are standbys when it comes to bold smoky eyes, but purple looks pretty and unexpected. Use a light shade across your entire lids, then elaborate the color with a richer shade in the crease and along your upper and lower lash lines. Finish with plenty of black mascara, then line your inner rims with black eyeliner.
4. Green eyeshadow. According to Allure, the type of green you should be going for is an emerald jewel tone or one that’s deep and sexy – not neon or grassy. Try using a charcoal or gunmetal eyeshadow first, then apply True Isaac Mizrahi – Eye Shadow & Liner Powder La Grenouille Green on top. A slightly winged-out shape is chic.
5. A fresh, natural face. While this look is usually reserved for spring, Harper’s Bazaar Magazine points out that undone skin made an appearance on fall runways. You’ll need a foundation and concealer that matches your skin tone perfectly, then shades of blush, highlighter and bronzer that are fairly similar for a somewhat monochromatic look. The being TRUE – Protective Mineral Foundation Kit can give you what you’re looking for.
6. Souped-up cat eyes. A little eyeliner flick at the outer corners is always stylish, but if you really want to go for the gusto this fall, make yours a bit more noticeable. Try carrying your liner farther up your lids or going farther past the outer corners. Just be sure to keep the rest of your makeup toned down – this look is intense!
7. Colorful French manicures. Forget about white – Elle reports that colorful French manicures are the way to go this fall. Try deep shades like Lippmann Collection – Razzle Dazzle Nail Lacquer for an autumnal vibe or get a little wild with a glittery shade.
8. Big, bold lashes. Cosmopolitan Magazine suggests that you should always go for drama in the lash department. Use falsies to get super extended lashes or try volumizing and lengthening mascara formulas for glamorous fringe.
9. Groomed brows. This season’s brows (which are equally perfect for any time of year) frame your face beautifully and aren’t pencil thin – they should be pretty thick. Use a brow pencil to fill in any sparse areas and tame them with a brow gel for control.
10. Under-eyeliner. According to Cosmopolitan, under-liner is hot this season. Try using a black eyeliner along your upper lash line, then add a pop of color with Pixi – Endless Silky Eye Pen along the lower lash lines.