Top 5 Ways To Use Red Makeup
If you’re looking for a way to revamp your makeup routine for the rest of the winter, all you really need is one color to help you achieve rosy perfection: red. Believe it or not, this color looks good all over your face, and there are many surprising ways to incorporate it into your look. Here are five ideas to keep in mind.
1. Faded lips. For a more dramatic version of your natural lip color, Marie Claire magazine suggests using your finger to dab a red lipstick in the center of your lips, then blend it outward with your fingertip for a faded effect.
2. Red all over. For a chic monochromatic look, Allure magazine recommends using a red blush on your cheeks, eyelids and lips (with a layer of gloss on top). You won’t have to worry about matching your makeup!
3. Under-eye accents. Feeling daring? Use a red eyeshadow or blush to add bold red along your lower lash lines only, then top with plenty of black mascara.
4. Metallic red lips. Use creamy red lipstick and a loose, shimmery pink eyeshadow to create a foiled lip, suggests Allure. Just dab the pink onto the center of your bottom lip with your fingertip. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
5. Stain. For a long-lasting yet soft finish, use a red lip and cheek stain to add a fresh flush to your face. Simply dab it onto the apples of your cheeks and the center of your pout.