Even though Mother’s Day tends to overshadow the holiday devoted to dads everywhere, celebrating Father’s Day this June 17 with a thoughtful gift is still a good way to show your father that you’re grateful for all he’s done for you. But what will you get him? Some dads seem to have everything they could possibly want! Here are several ideas to help you decide on the perfect present this Father’s Day.
1. Tickets to see his favorite sports team. Whether it’s for a baseball game this summer or a football game next season, chances are your dad will love the opportunity to watch his favorite team play. Get two tickets so you, Mom or a friend can accompany him for the perfect day out.
2. A deluxe shaving kit like eShave – Start Up Kit. It comes with a genuine badger brush, which exfoliates, softens and raises the hair for a shave that’s as close as possible. The set also includes a pre-shave oil, shave cream and after shave cream, all in a convenient black travel bag. Stubble will be a thing of the past for your dapper dad!
3. A home brewing kit. Does your father have a taste for cold, delicious brews? Instead of taking him out for a night at the local brewery, get your dad everything he needs to create his own ale. A couple of beer mugs to go with the set will ensure that he’ll be able to taste his masterpiece in style.
4. Anti-aging skincare products. If your dad has started to complain about the fact that he’s getting older, a few choice skincare products to combat fine lines, wrinkles and age spots might be just the thing to lift his spirits. Lightweight and oil-free, your dad will barely notice that he’s wearing this moisturizer – until he starts seeing results!
5. The latest gadget. If you have siblings who can help you buy a splurge-worthy item for Dad, why not get him up-to-date on the latest technologies? Whether he’s into computers, eBooks, cameras, smartphones, mp3 players or television, there’s likely a new product out that he’d love to get his hands on.
6. A classic yet cool tie. If you think your father could use a bit of direction when it comes to his fashion tastes, you might be doing him a favor by providing him with a go-to tie to wear for special occasions. Choose one that complements his personality and favorite color scheme so he’ll always look dashing.
7. A new fragrance. If your dad doesn’t have a signature scent to call his own, he’d likely jump at the chance to impress your mom with a manly new cologne.
8. Tools to help him get his grill on. If your dad considers himself the master of the grill, a few new accessories designed to help him make the most of his skills might be the perfect present. Spatulas, serving plates, aprons, marinades and spices are all fair game.
9. A beach kit. If your dad enjoys nothing more than a relaxing day by the shore, a beach kit might be a great idea. A brand new cooler, a plush towel, a new swimsuit and a sunblock like Dermalogica – Daily Defense Block SPF15 are all good choices that he’ll get a lot of use out of.
10. A poker set. Does your father like to get together with his guy friends every now and then for a game of poker? If he doesn’t already have his own set of chips and a table to play on, you can bring the party to his house by supplying him with all the goods.