Healthy Recipe For Healthy Hair
The hair is a woman’s crowning glory; women feel and look their best when their hair looks great. It is very important for a woman’s hair to always be strong, thick, shiny and very well maintained.
Unfortunately, some women suffer different hair damages like falling hair, dry and brittle hair, dandruff, split ends, frizzy hair, etc., for various reasons like genes, excessive exposure to the elements and insufficient hair nutrition. The hair needs to be regularly supplied with the proper nutrients to make it strong and enable it to fight the harmful toxins in the environment.
For a healthy, glossy hair, include these in your diet:
• For dry and brittle hair, consume more proteins like eggs, milk, meat, poultry, fish, vegetables and nuts. Proteins help in repairing dull, lackluster hair.
• Iron provides nutrients to the hair follicle to prevent hair loss. Eat more red meat, chicken and leafy vegetables to raise the level of iron in your blood and promote hair growth for luscious, thicker hair.
• Strawberries, papaya, oranges and blueberries are some of the fruits that are very rich in vitamin C. Have more fruits to strengthen hair shafts and prevent hair loss.
• Omega-3 fatty acids from fish provide the oils that are helpful in hydrating the scalp and the hair that are dry and boring. Eat fish at least twice a week for a bouncy, shiny hair.
• The hair needs biotin for growth; eggs are rich in protein as well as biotin.
Here’s a healthy recipe that will provide some of the nutrition needed for a healthy and lustrous hair – protein, iron, vitamin C and omega-3.
Roasted Salmon with Grapefruit Sauce
4 salmon fillets
2 red grapefruits
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 tsp lemon juice
2-1/2 tsp honey
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Season the salmon with ¼ tsp salt and roast in the oven for about 18 minutes.
3. Slice some grapefruit for decoration. Juice the rest of the grapefruits and set aside.
4. In a medium skillet, heat the oil; sauté the ginger for about 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the grapefruit juice and honey, and bring to simmer until sauce is reduced by about half.
6. Add the lemon juice and season with salt.
7. Toss the grapefruit slices into the sauce before serving.
8. Spoon sauce over the salmon and serve.